If you want to redirect Bing.com to Google.com or the other way around the process is simple. Here is how to do it.
On your computer there is a file called the HOSTS file. Whenever you visit a website your compute first checks to see if there are any instructions inside of the HOSTS file. If there are then it completes those instructions before connecting to the website you’ve requested.
You can place instructions into the HOSTS file. Instructions like telling your computer to load google.com when someone types in bing.com
- On your keyboard press down the Windows button and X at the same time.
- In the menu that appears click on Command Prompts (Admin)
- An elevated Command Prompt will appear.
- Type in: notepad %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Notepad will open the HOSTS file, go to the bottom of the file beyond the last line of text
- If you want to redirect to Google.com when someone types in Bing.com then simply type in: www.bing.com www.google.com
- If you want to redirect to Bing.com when someone types in Google.com then simply type in: www.google.com www.bing.com
- Save the HOSTS file and close notepad.
Now when you try to type in the one website it will open the other!