The Ask Toolbar loves to sneak onto all sorts of computers. Fortunately it’s easy to remove. It’s usually bundled in with other software and tricks you into installing it. Follow these steps to remove it:
- Click on the Chrome “Hamburger” button in the top left of the screen (looks like three horizontal lines on top of each other)
- In the Menu click on Settings
- On the left of the screen click on Extensions
- Look through the list and when you see anything to do with “ask search bar” click on the garbage can to remove it.
- Now on the left of the screen click on Settings
- Click on Manage Search Engines
- Hover over “Google” and click on the Make Default button that appears
- Look through the list and when you see anything to do with “Ask” click on the X to remove it
And that’s it! The Ask Toolbar is now removed from your Chrome browser or Chromebook.