The Chrome Notifications icon is a way for Chrome to deliver information to you from Google Now or from one of your Chrome extensions. For example if you use gmail it will alert you with a popup notification that you have new email.
But if you don’t want these notifications (and it’s totally understandable if you don’t) then you can easily turn them off by doing the following:
Turn Off Chrome Notifications On A Mac
- Click on the Chrome Notifications icon
- Click on the little gear settings icon
- Uncheck every single box you see
- Open Chrome
- Click on “Chrome” in the top menu bar
- Click on “Hide Notifications Icon”
And that’s it!
Turn Off Chrome Notifications On A Windows PC
- Click on the overflow/more arrow in your System Tray
- Click on Customize
- Change Chrome behaviour to “Hide icon and notifications”