Skype is an excellent communications service but Microsoft has begun to litter the app with ads. Fortunately there is a simple way to disable and block Skype ads so that you don’t have to see them anymore.
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Network and Internet
- Click on Internet Options
- Switch to the Security Tab
- Select Restricted Sites and then click on the Sites button
- In the dialog box that appears type in the following: https://apps.skype.com/
- Click Add
Then close Internet Options and Control Panel and restart Skype. The ads should be gone! If they’re still there then restart your computer and enjoy your new clean, and less commercial, Skype experience.